Apple released the sixth beta of iOS 16 for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch on Thursday, August 13. The new beta build number is 18A5357b and it weighs in at around 2.6GB. If you’re running the previous beta release, which was beta 5, then you can update to the latest release through the Settings app by going to General > Software Update.
IOS 16 Beta
The latest release of iOS 16 beta for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch includes a number of new features and improvements. Here’s a look at what’s new in the latest beta release:
- A new Home screen widget for Weather, which provides detailed information about the current weather conditions and forecast for your location.
- A redesigned Lock screen that makes it easier to see notifications and access the Control Center.
- A new ‘Do Not Disturb While Driving mode that silences all incoming notifications while you are driving.
- Improved support for Siri, including the ability to ask Siri to show you directions in Apple Maps.
- New emoji characters, including male and female versions of existing emoji.
- A new ‘Files’ app icon that makes it easier to find and manage your files on your device.
- Bug fixes and performance improvements.
What’s New in iOS 16 Beta?
The latest iOS 16 Beta release includes a number of new features and improvements, including:
- A new Home screen widget for the Weather app
- Improvements to the Messages app, including the ability to pin conversations and reply to specific messages
- A new Siri interface that allows you to ask follow-up questions
- A redesigned Control Center
- New privacy controls that allow you to control which apps have access to your location
How to Install iOS 16 Beta?
If you want to try out the new iOS 16 , there are a few things you need to do first.
First, make sure your device is compatible with the new beta. iPhone 6s and later, all iPad Pro models, iPad Air 2 and later, iPad mini 4 and later, and iPod touch (7th generation) are all compatible with iOS 16.
Next, you need to sign up for the Apple Beta Software Program. This program allows you to download and install beta software on your compatible devices.
Once you have registered for the program and signed in with your Apple ID, you can go to the Settings app on your device and navigate to General > Software Update. From here, you will be able to download and install the new iOS beta.
Make sure to back up your device before installing the beta. This way, if anything goes wrong, you can always restore your device to its previous state.
Finally, keep in mind that beta software is usually less stable than final versions of software releases. So don’t be surprised if you encounter some bugs while using the iOS 16 beta.
There are many new features and changes in the latest release of iOS 16 Beta, including improvements to Messages, Maps, and Siri. With so many new features and changes, it’s hard to know where to start. But don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. In this article, we’ll give you a rundown of all the new features and changes in iOS 16 Beta so that you can decide if it’s worth upgrading from iOS 15.